Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data refresh fails, item already exists in collection

Data refresh fails, item already exists in collection

We have Power BI running on premise and its relatively new to us (version 13.0.5026.0)

I have several reports that are connecting to an ODATA feed and they intermittently fail the scheduled data refresh. The initial failure message is something like this (where the item value 'CFG\\Store1504' varies with the report):

{"SessionID":"2f679446-0ab8-466c-bd26-4f7789b199b4","Errors":[{"ErrorCode":0,"Message":"Item 'CFG\\Store1504' already exists in the collection.","CallStack":" at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebHost.EventHandler.DataRefreshScope.ExecuteActionWithLogging(Action methodToExecute, String description, String localizedDescription, String messageInFailure, RefreshInfo refreshInfo, DataAccessors dataAccessors, ReportEventType operation, Boolean isDataRetrieval, Boolean showInExecutionLog, Boolean sendToTelemetry)\r\n at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebHost.EventHandler.DataRefreshScope.ExecuteStep[T](Action`1 methodToExecute, T arguments, String description, String localizedDescription, String messageInFailure, RefreshInfo refreshInfo, DataAccessors dataAccessors, Boolean sendToTelemetry)\r\n at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebHost.EventHandler.AnalysisServicesDataRefresh.ProcessDataRefreshEvent()"}]}

Subsequent refreshes will all fail with a slightly different error:

{"SessionID":"1858a323-7967-4e1c-8d41-4a9bff7e50e1","Errors":[{"ErrorCode":0,"Message":"Failed to publish model for 399974ce-70c0-4bb2-80d7-31f482bc6c75_-1180020860","CallStack":" at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebHost.EventHandler.DataRefreshScope.ExecuteActionWithLogging(Action methodToExecute, String description, String localizedDescription, String messageInFailure, RefreshInfo refreshInfo, DataAccessors dataAccessors, ReportEventType operation, Boolean isDataRetrieval, Boolean showInExecutionLog, Boolean sendToTelemetry)\r\n at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebHost.EventHandler.DataRefreshScope.ExecuteStep[T](Action`1 methodToExecute, T arguments, String description, String localizedDescription, String messageInFailure, RefreshInfo refreshInfo, DataAccessors dataAccessors, Boolean sendToTelemetry)\r\n at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebHost.EventHandler.AnalysisServicesDataRefresh.ProcessDataRefreshEvent()"}]}

The report will error out in the browser (error code 500 I believe) until I bounce the SSRS service, then it will display an empty report with no data until the next refresh runs.

I'm looking in the SubscriptionHistory table (Details column) to find these errors. I'm not sure if there is a better place to look for a more informative message? Any ideas on how to resolve this without needing to bounce the services?

1 REPLY 1
Maximum55

We are on march 2018 version and are having the same problem, is there a solution to this issue? Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.