Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Olenard
Helper III
Helper III

Data gateway on VM

Dear all,

I have a few questions regarding data gateway
1. Which data gateway I need to install on VM ( on premisis or Personal mode) ?
2. After installation how to use/change that(installed on VM) gateway in Power BI. Currently I have Personal mode gateway on my machine
3. Can I have on the same service, both a personal and a gateway installed on a VM.

Thank you for your help,

Bests
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
_donev
Regular Visitor

Hello Bests,

The GW type does not depend on the server where you should install it. Look at this post to get the details of the comparison. Also - if you install Personal, then you need to uninstall and install in enterprise (at least my expereince several months ago). 

HTH,

Ivan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
_donev
Regular Visitor

Hello Bests,

The GW type does not depend on the server where you should install it. Look at this post to get the details of the comparison. Also - if you install Personal, then you need to uninstall and install in enterprise (at least my expereince several months ago). 

HTH,

Ivan

Thank you, 

So as a conclusion, we can not have several gateways, 

Not on 1 workspace

Not on several workspaces.

Right ?

Thanks,

best 

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.