Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

micheledubose
Resolver II
Resolver II

Data driven subscription permission issue

Hi,

There's a requirement for users who are not report server administrators to be able to create data-driven subscirptions.  When they attempt to create this subscription, they get a permission insufficient error.  I've read in MS docs that Data-driven subscriptions are typically created and maintained by report server administrators.  As the report server administrator, I can create the subscription with no problem.  However, I do not want to give users admin access.  In this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/subscriptions/create-modify-and-delete-data-... it mentions that the author of the subscription must have permission to "Manage reports" and "Manage all subscriptions. I think this can be accomplished by creating a custom role. 

I've tried following this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/security/role-definitions-create-delete-or-m...To create a role definition in SSMS, I go to the reportserver database>expand the Roles folder. I only see a Database Roles folder and an Application Roles folder.  How do I assign the "Manage reports" and "Manage all subscriptions permissions to a role? Also, I do not see the predined roles in the Database Roles folder or the Application Roles folder.  Is this the right location?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @micheledubose ,

It is needed to connect to Report Service in SSMS like below:

PBIRS server.JPG

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @micheledubose ,

It is needed to connect to Report Service in SSMS like below:

PBIRS server.JPG

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.