Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

D365FO and BI Server

We are implementing D365FO (currently in Discovery Phase) and I would like to understand how to include a BI Reporting instance.   I've noticed that D365 has a lot more reports than our current 2009 instance but i'm looking for a better reproting isntance where I can build non-D365 cubes to link data from other systems.  Is there a report server available which can easily connect to D365FO?  I've dont a lot of searches but everything references PowerBI which appears to only connect to the D365 system to pull data.   I'm looking for a Enterprise Reporting System.   Please give me the product name or link to the product? 

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Well, there are lots of ways to do this. Power BI is an enterprise reporting system, particularly if you go Premium. We do a lot of work with Power BI and Dynamics F&O/CE, it is the go-to platform because of it's tight integration. You can pull data into Power BI but you can also surface reports and visualizations back into D365 very easily.

In general, people do a few different things when working with D365 and Power BI, they tend to go down a few different routes:

• Entity Store
  • BYOD
  • Common Data Service
  • Dataflows

Few different reasons to do one or the other but the future is CDS, IMHO.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.