Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pgarcia
Frequent Visitor

Custom visual not working version January 2020 PBIRS

Hi all

I have custom visuals in many reports (card with states, chiclet slicers..) and not working now.

I've installed the last version (15.0.1102.759) and not working. The custom visual frame appear blank.

How could I fix it?

Many thanks.

Best regards

5 REPLIES 5
rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Can you please clarify whether your report with custom visuals was working before Jan 2020 release? What custom visual are you using? Can you share a screen capture?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I have the same problem. From what I've gathered, this issue may have been around since October (https://github.com/microsoft/PowerBI-visuals-TextFilter/issues/13), and has gotten even worse since. 

ERROR1.PNGERROR2.PNGERROR3.PNG

All of this is completely functional on PowerBi Desktop and PowerBi Online.

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah I have the same problem. From what I've gathered, this issue may have been around since October (https://github.com/microsoft/PowerBI-visuals-TextFilter/issues/13), and has gotten even worse since. 

The issue with the Sep 2019 release was only to do with slicer visuals not working correctly and Microsoft fixed this within week of it being discover, so you just had to re-download and re-install. I just double checked this with a test report and this same issue is not present in the Jan 2020 release.

@pgarcia I'm running the same release and don't see any issues with custom visuals. Have you tried clearing your browser cache or connecting using an incognito window to see if this is a browser issue? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

But I don't know why I'm getting these errors. Is it related or something else?

Also, these are the errors from the custom visual 'Filter By List' by Devscope. I tried it today. It's not functional in Incognito either, but it is on PowerBi Desktop and PowerBi Online.  Please try testing that visual out, it is available on the marketplace. 

ERROR4.PNG

ERROR5.PNG

ERROR7.PNG

Also, here is my own filter code for my personal custom visuals, that have also stopped working on the PBIRS, but still works completely on Power BI Online and Desktop. The error message is what I posted in my first reply. 

ERROR6.PNG

I just grabbed the filter by list slicer and added it to an example file I had for the custom Gantt visual.

The screenshot below is show both of these visuals running on my instances of PBIRS for Jan 2020. And I can interact with both visuals on the PBIRS portal, adding and removing filter values and cross filtering by clicking on the Gantt chart. I'm not sure what the issue is, but this would suggest that it's not a widespread issue and is maybe something local to your server.

Can you try uninstalling and re-installing? Or can you get a temporary VM setup so that you can test this on a different server?

2020-02 custom viz.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.