Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

idarif2007
Regular Visitor

Custom file name for email attachment for subscription

Hello Team,

I have created an email subscription with data driven Subscription with email as the delivery option.

idarif2007_0-1669367448529.png

idarif2007_1-1669367495535.png

I donot see any option to have dynamic file name for email attachment, Can some one please help.

Regards,

Arif

3 REPLIES 3
Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You will need to use data driven subscription to able to have a dynamic file name for email attachment. See https://www.sqlshack.com/enhancing-customer-experiences-with-subscriptions-in-ssrs/

Please note that data driven subscription is an Enterprise features which means you will need a Enterprise Edition of SQL Server (Standard Edition won't work).

There is also an un-supported way to make this work - by updating the tables in the Report Server database as the subscription is running but I don't recommend that.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

But, I would need an Email subscription where i can have the same name as given in the tables for the Email attachment.

Can you please help!

Regards,

Arif

@idarif2007 wrote:

But, I would need an Email subscription where i can have the same name as given in the tables for the Email attachment.

You will need data driven subscription which required SQL Server Enterprise Edition.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.