Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Visuals that Work in Report Server

Is there a list of custom visuals that work on PBI Report Server? Does Desktop optimized for RS filter out the list that is displayed when I go to import a custom visual from the Microsoft Store through the app?

I'm looking for a way to filter out those that are not going to work before I waste time using one only to find that it does not work.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chrisfin
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Thanks for this feedback - we met with the custom visuals folks last week around this topic and plan to let folks know the version of the custom visuals API that ships with the server each release, and ideally there will be a list available for folks of each visual in the store, the version of the API it uses, and a download link for each item.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
chrisfin
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Thanks for this feedback - we met with the custom visuals folks last week around this topic and plan to let folks know the version of the custom visuals API that ships with the server each release, and ideally there will be a list available for folks of each visual in the store, the version of the API it uses, and a download link for each item.

Chris

Any update to this? Is there a list to find somewhere with the list of working custom visuals in Power BI RS?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope it is more than an "ideal" that we would get a list of visuals that work on RS. I hope it becomes a reality. Please don't make us waste our valuable time working with visuals that ultimately don't work on Report Server.

Hello,

I successfully created a working dashboard with a custom visual in the "Power BI Desktop RS" client, but when I published it to our web server, the visuals didn't work and showed the "Your version of Power BI Desktop does not support this custom visual" message instead.

The web Server version is Version 1.1.6530.30789 (October 2017)

The client I use is Version : 2.51.4885.1041 64-bit (October, 2017)

I wasn't clear on what you said above, but are you saying that this is normal, and that creating pbix documents in Power BI Desktop RS does not a guarantee the reports will work in the web server?

Or am I using the wrong version of Desktop RS compared to the web Server we have?

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is correct: not all custom visuals work on PBI Report Server.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.