Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tektronics
Frequent Visitor

Custom Visuals not working with September 2021 Version

I just update 5 Report Servers we have to the latest version September 2021:

Build File version Description Release date

However, many users start complaining about custom visuals not rendering or loading properly in the website. I noticed that the same chart sometimes loads and 90% it simply does not.

Tektronics_0-1637160742998.pngTektronics_1-1637160782645.png

I really dont know why we have this intermitency but the same symptom was observed in previous releases. I know there are other customers complaining about already and everytime MS release a new patch is a nightmare. 

What can we expect from you if all these things are not tested properly before the release date?

Is there any work around for it right now?

NOTE: All the custom visuals were working in May 2021.

3 REPLIES 3
ForcaTaico
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

I have the same issue. Customs visuals are not showing after upgraded to:
PBIRS_Version.png

Regards Taico

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

I am not sure if there is a workaround for this. But some Visuals required a good Internet connection in order to render it quickly and properly.

you may also want to report this problem in 

Issues - Microsoft Power BI Community

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

I dont think so.

Power BI Report Server was built to be On Premises and also replace SSRS, this shouldnt required internet connection because we are talking about a real server in a data center. In every big company in the planet servers on premises or clusters wont have access to internet for security reasons. It always worked fine but every MS released it comes with more bugs and problems and now users are reporting problems related to Custom Visuals which are displayed intermitently.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.