Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mattyc88

Custom Theme Icons Not Working

We're trying to use a custom theme with custom icons in PBIRS Desktop October 2020 but the icons are not showing under conditional formatting after successfully loading the theme.

We've created our own JSON files but have also tried a well know theme file from PowerBi.Tips

https://powerbi.tips/product/theme-file-with-icon-set/

Anybody else had the same issue or any idea where to start to look to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
iceparrot
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hey, 

I know it's been some time but are there any updates since? I'm currently facing the same issue and it would be great if you could tell how you fixed it.

crau
Frequent Visitor

Same issue, anyone have a solution. The theme loads fine, but the icons don't show up. I have tried multiple different themes calling different icons, all themes load but can never see icons. 

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mattyc88 ,

Did it show like the screenshot below?

Untitled picture.png

I test it in 2020 January version , it works well. Would you please try to use previous version?  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55329

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi @v-deddai1-msft 

We don't see any of the icons load as available options, we don't even get the placeholder for them as you see in your screenshot.

I'll pull down January 2020 onto our test environment later this week and see what happens on there.

Thanks

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.