Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DMCA
Frequent Visitor

Custom Branding not scaling after upgrade

Hi,

We recently upgraded PBIRS test server from May 2021 to Jan 2022, and this seems to have affected our customised branding. 

The logo.png which incorporates a logo and text as an image is now clipped at the top and bottom, see below.

PBIRS_Jan2022.png

In the previous version this would have displayed as per below

PBIRS_May2021.png

We have tried altering the image canvas (290x60 as recommended by MS) to various different sizes but the result is pretty much the same, the image is clipped top and bottom when displayed in PBIRS Jan 2022. 

Has anyone experienced this? is it a known issue? Any solutions or workarounds?

Thanks a mill

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I have noticed this behaviour with our logo as well when using "PortalV2 = True".   I did some troubleshooting in our higher environments which have the setting set to false and noticed something

PortalV2= False:

Notice the padding on the header is 10 and the logo offsets that by taking away 10

AndyMSBI_0-1652336799877.png

AndyMSBI_1-1652336799880.png

PortalV2= True:

Notice that the padding has been set to 0, but the logo has not been changed.  It still takes away 10

AndyMSBI_2-1652336799885.png

AndyMSBI_3-1652336799885.png

We are planning to move to May 2022 when it is available.  I hope this gets addressed by then.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like this has been addressed in the May 2022 release.  Our logo can go back to its original size and the top and bottom are no longer cropped.  Thank you.

Anubis
Regular Visitor

Hey Dan,

I was having the same issue with the logo and have been looking everywhere for an answer but your post is the only one with my same error. I didn’t find a confirm answer so to make it work I add it margins on the top and the bottom of my logo and it worked. My logo was 790px X 174px, I add it 50px of margin to the top and bottom and now is 790px X 274px. The logo is little smaller then before but is shows complete now.

Hope this info can help you.

Anubis

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DMCA ,

Open the layout page of browser html and check whether the content parameter part corresponding to the icon is wrong?

vhenrykmstf_0-1650869960762.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and related screenshoots. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Henry for your response.

The area I'm concerned about is the Branding image.

Highlighted in the picture below with the red highlight marker 

PBIRS_Jan2022_1.png

The image is trimmed top and bottom.

When examine the broswer html for this image I get the following

BrandingIssue.png

This branding package rendered perfectly in PBIRS May2021.   I don't get an error issue, it just doesn't display in the same way as it did before in the earlier version. 

Thanks a mill for  helping.

Dan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.