Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cross Report Drill Thru not working on Power BI Report Server (May 2019 update)

Hi,

I found cross report drill thru option in the PBI Desktop for Report Server (May 2019) update.

It is not working for me. There is no mention of it in the list of new features introduced with the update either.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-report-server-update-may-2019/

Has anyone seen it working on PBI Report Server?

* Both PBI Report Server and Desktop client have been upgraded to the latest version (May 2019 update)

* Checked "Cross report drill through option" in both Source and Target files (and restarted PBI Desktop file)

* Used same data source and schema (SQL Server, table and columns). Infact I duplicated the report file and enabled the cross report option in Target report

* Referred 2 columns for drill thru which are the only two columns in target report table and published reports to PBI Report Server

While drill thru is working fine, cross report drill thru is not working for me.

Thanks & regards,

Mannu

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw no official mention of this anywhere. It likely slipped into the Desktop version by mistake.

jamespiggot
Frequent Visitor

Does anyone have an update on this, we are keen to use this functionality in Report Server.

Cross-report drill-through works fine on the Power BI Service but does it work for Report Server as well?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, there is no response yet from MS Support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.