Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jimity

Creating New Subscription On Paginated Report Shows Permissions Error Message

Hi,

I'm running with PowerBI Server September 2021. When attempting to create a New Subscription on a Paginated Report, I am brought to the Manager screen of the New Subscription, however as soon as the screen loads I am met with a message.:

"An error has occurred.

You do not have permission for this operation. Contact you administrator to obtain the neccessary permissions."

Security on this Paginated Report is configured by AD Group (which my user account is a member of). I've tried adding ALL available permissions within PowerBI Server with no success, as well as setting security to be the same as the parent folder with no success, and adding AD accounts individually - all with no success. The error also appears to happen whether or not I am an Owner of a Paginated Report.

Has anyone seen this before ?

5 REPLIES 5
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jimity ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jimity ,

you'll need to edit the data source credential after publishing the report. Either to store you user/pass information in the server or enabled the unattended exeution account. When the server runs subscriptions against AS, it needs to have the identity of the user. refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/working-with-subscriptions-web-portal?view=s...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/install-windows/configure-the-unattended-exe...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-data/store-credentials-in-a-reporting...

Best Regards

Lucien

Hi Lucien,

Apologies for not coming back to you sooner - holidays 😊

I see what you're trying to recommend. I agree it should work. Nothing I attempt though works in this instance. The same error message appears when trying to access those area's to update the information - so effectiovely I'm locked off before I can get started 😢

Jimity

Hi @HashamNiaz,

Unfortunately this is the only PowerBI server we keep, so dont have the luxury of testing with disparate versions in this case.

HashamNiaz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Jimity !

I remember previously there was an issue with Power BI Report Server update. Did you have a previous version of Power BI Report Server where you can check your Subscription issue in isolation. This will help in identifying either the ssue is related to new Report Server release or not.

Regards,

Hasham

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors