Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Akircher
Frequent Visitor

Creating Cascading Parameters in Power Bi Report Builder using shared Power Bi Dataset Connection

I am new to Power Bi and Report builder. I am trying to make Cascading Parameters for paginated reports using shared Power Bi dataset. However, all of the videos I see are using  SQL datasets and use SQL statements instead of DAX. Is it possible to do cascading parameters with a Power BI datset? If so how can I do it and were can I find more information?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
saglamtimur
Resolver II
Resolver II

It is basically the same. I have recorded a short video showing same procedure with SSAS and DAX query. Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
saglamtimur
Resolver II
Resolver II

It is basically the same. I have recorded a short video showing same procedure with SSAS and DAX query. Hope it helps.

Hi , The video is for 35 secs only and there was not information regarding about the mentioned topic.

Please help!

Hi,

Moved to YouTube.

If my post solved your problem, mark my post as a solution to help others to quickly find it and also please give it a 👍

Hello

Thanks for the Video, it helps tremendously

I have a requirment to create a Single Table in the Report using multiple fields from more than one Dim/Fact table using Power BI Dataset as source Data for Paginated Report.

Inn your Video you used one Dim table to generate base Query. How can we combine mutltiple field, If I create common dataset - would the Parameters work?

Thanks in advance...

Thank you! This helped me a lot

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.