Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create New KPI on the Power BI Report Server home page

Hi Everyone,

I woud like to create new KPIs on the home page of Power BI Report Server, which will simply appear on  the home page for all users, plus the different reports and folders. Below is where I am supposed to be able to create these KPIs

Melanie_S_0-1658934580264.png

From what I read, I should use Power BI report Builder to create datasets to then link to my Power BI report server. 

Question: 

- With the last version PowerBi Report Builder how can I connect to my Power BI report Server? (the programm only allows me to connect to the Power BI Service... ) 

Thanks,

Melanie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found out!

I post the steps here in the case anyone is wondering the same thing: 

1- On the upper right tab of Power BI Report Server > Click +New > Data Source 

2 - Fill in the information related to the Data source you want to implement. The Connection String box does not allow you to "build" the connection (as in Report Builder), so write it manually or do this step in Report Builder and copy paste the output string in this Connection String box in PBIRS

3 - On the same +New tab > click Dataset. If you already download Microsoft report Builder you will be redirected to open the app and create the Dataset using the Data source you created in step 1. 

4 - Go back to PBIRS > tab +New > click KPI and you will be able to build the KPI card, selecting the Dataset created in step3. 

Hope that helps,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found out!

I post the steps here in the case anyone is wondering the same thing: 

1- On the upper right tab of Power BI Report Server > Click +New > Data Source 

2 - Fill in the information related to the Data source you want to implement. The Connection String box does not allow you to "build" the connection (as in Report Builder), so write it manually or do this step in Report Builder and copy paste the output string in this Connection String box in PBIRS

3 - On the same +New tab > click Dataset. If you already download Microsoft report Builder you will be redirected to open the app and create the Dataset using the Data source you created in step 1. 

4 - Go back to PBIRS > tab +New > click KPI and you will be able to build the KPI card, selecting the Dataset created in step3. 

Hope that helps,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.