cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create Calculation Group in Power BI Report Server

Hi everyone~

We can create calculation group on standard version of Power BI Desktop by using external tool like Tabular editor,

how can we achieve this in on-premise Power BI Report Server? Is that possible?

Glad to hear your answer!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DavisBI
Super User I
Super User I

Hi, @Anonymous 

That's possible if you using the latest version of PBIRS (2020-Oct) or the later versions.

The PBIRS does not support external tool yet but you can enable "enhanced metadata format" at "preview features" so that you can use tools like "tabular editor" to create the calculation group on PBID (RS version)

Best.

Mark this post as solution if this helps, thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JesusPenelas
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @DavisBI, but despite of activating "enhanced metadata format" in the January 2021 version of Power BI Desktop RS, there is no one Ribbon on the menu with de "External Tool" option to execute Tabular editor.
Do you know what is happening?
Thanks so much

Yes there is no "External Tool" ribbon for RS version but you still can use Tabular editor to connect your PBID model

I am having the same issue, have you found a solution?

DavisBI
Super User I
Super User I

Hi, @Anonymous 

That's possible if you using the latest version of PBIRS (2020-Oct) or the later versions.

The PBIRS does not support external tool yet but you can enable "enhanced metadata format" at "preview features" so that you can use tools like "tabular editor" to create the calculation group on PBID (RS version)

Best.

Mark this post as solution if this helps, thanks!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - June 24th

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!