Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kittu1027

Could not connect to Sybase from manage gatways

Hi 

I was able to connect to Sybase DB from Power BI desktop and developed a report. But when I tried to add the data source from manage gateways, I am getting the following message. Can some one help me? I had installed SQL Anywhere 12 Client software on the server. 

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to 192.168.6.19\pixelsqlbase_ho. Details: "Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information."Hide details
Activity ID: 0fc84e43-b0e5-405c-83aa-f85fcb962985
Request ID: 401ca4a8-65c7-80d3-fac5-9433e55782fe
Cluster URI: https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Status code: 400
Error Code: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError
Time: Tue Sep 12 2017 12:33:45 GMT+0400 (Arabian Standard Time)
Version: 13.0.2357.202
Underlying error code: -2147467259
Underlying error message: Sybase SQL Anywhere: We were unable to find a database provider with invariant name 'Sap.Data.SQLAnywhere'. This error could've been the result of provider-specific client software being required, but missing on this computer. To download client software for this provider, visit the following site and choose the 64-bit (x64) version of, at minimum, 'Sybase SQL Anywhere Client Software': https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=324846
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ClientLibraryName: Sybase SQL Anywhere Client Software
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind: Sybase
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath: 192.168.6.19\pixelsqlbase_ho;pixelsqlbase_ho
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DownloadLink: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=324846
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: DataSource.MissingClientLibrary
Troubleshoot connection problems

Thanks 

Rama Krishna

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kittu1027,

Please update your Gateway to the latest version for a test. Did you install both personal and on-premise gateway on your machine and make both of them running? This might cause a conflict between two gateways as mentioned in this thread.

By the way, could the gateway connect to other type of data source successfully?

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I am getting similar issues, only not able to connect to SYBASE ASE gateway from power bi.
but able to connect to SQL and UDB.

the error i am getting is below

:{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Sybase SQL Anywhere: We were unable to find a database provider with invariant name 'Sap.Data.SQLAnywhere'.\r\nThis error could've been the result of provider-specific client software being required, but missing on this computer. To download client software for this provider, visit the following site and choose the 64-bit (x64) version of, at minimum, 'Sybase SQL Anywhere Client Software': https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=324846"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult"... SQL Anywhere Client Software"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Sybase"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"sybbatch;facets_repl"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DownloadLink","detail":

even i have the latest 15.7 driver on machine and added sybase server in odbc.

please help here !

Hi,

I am getting similar issues, only not able to connect to SYBASE ASE gateway from power bi.
but able to connect to SQL and UDB.

the error i am getting is below

:{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Sybase SQL Anywhere: We were unable to find a database provider with invariant name 'Sap.Data.SQLAnywhere'.\r\nThis error could've been the result of provider-specific client software being required, but missing on this computer. To download client software for this provider, visit the following site and choose the 64-bit (x64) version of, at minimum, 'Sybase SQL Anywhere Client Software': https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=324846"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult"... SQL Anywhere Client Software"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Sybase"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"sybbatch;facets_repl"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DownloadLink","detail":

even i have the latest 15.7 driver on machine and added sybase server in odbc.

please help here !

getting similar issue, not able to setup gateway to sybase from power bi

but yes successfully connected to SQL for other gateways

error i am getting is below. 

"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Sybase SQL Anywhere: We were unable to find a database provider with invariant name 'Sap.Data.SQLAnywhere'.\r\nThis error could've been the result of provider-specific client software being required, but missing on this computer. To download client software for this provider, visit the following site and choose the 64-bit (x64) version of, at minimum, 'Sybase SQL Anywhere Client Software': https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=324846"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult"... SQL Anywhere Client Software"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Sybase"}},

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.