Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kittu1027

Could not connect to Sybase from manage gatways

Hi 

I was able to connect to Sybase DB from Power BI desktop and developed a report. But when I tried to add the data source from manage gateways, I am getting the following message. Can some one help me? I had installed SQL Anywhere 12 Client software on the server. 

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to 192.168.6.19\pixelsqlbase_ho. Details: "Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information."Hide details
Activity ID: 0fc84e43-b0e5-405c-83aa-f85fcb962985
Request ID: 401ca4a8-65c7-80d3-fac5-9433e55782fe
Cluster URI: https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Status code: 400
Error Code: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError
Time: Tue Sep 12 2017 12:33:45 GMT+0400 (Arabian Standard Time)
Version: 13.0.2357.202
Underlying error code: -2147467259
Underlying error message: Sybase SQL Anywhere: We were unable to find a database provider with invariant name 'Sap.Data.SQLAnywhere'. This error could've been the result of provider-specific client software being required, but missing on this computer. To download client software for this provider, visit the following site and choose the 64-bit (x64) version of, at minimum, 'Sybase SQL Anywhere Client Software': https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=324846
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ClientLibraryName: Sybase SQL Anywhere Client Software
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind: Sybase
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath: 192.168.6.19\pixelsqlbase_ho;pixelsqlbase_ho
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DownloadLink: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=324846
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: DataSource.MissingClientLibrary
Troubleshoot connection problems

Thanks 

Rama Krishna

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kittu1027,

Please update your Gateway to the latest version for a test. Did you install both personal and on-premise gateway on your machine and make both of them running? This might cause a conflict between two gateways as mentioned in this thread.

By the way, could the gateway connect to other type of data source successfully?

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I am getting similar issues, only not able to connect to SYBASE ASE gateway from power bi.
but able to connect to SQL and UDB.

the error i am getting is below

:{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Sybase SQL Anywhere: We were unable to find a database provider with invariant name 'Sap.Data.SQLAnywhere'.\r\nThis error could've been the result of provider-specific client software being required, but missing on this computer. To download client software for this provider, visit the following site and choose the 64-bit (x64) version of, at minimum, 'Sybase SQL Anywhere Client Software': https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=324846"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult"... SQL Anywhere Client Software"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Sybase"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"sybbatch;facets_repl"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DownloadLink","detail":

even i have the latest 15.7 driver on machine and added sybase server in odbc.

please help here !

Hi,

I am getting similar issues, only not able to connect to SYBASE ASE gateway from power bi.
but able to connect to SQL and UDB.

the error i am getting is below

:{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Sybase SQL Anywhere: We were unable to find a database provider with invariant name 'Sap.Data.SQLAnywhere'.\r\nThis error could've been the result of provider-specific client software being required, but missing on this computer. To download client software for this provider, visit the following site and choose the 64-bit (x64) version of, at minimum, 'Sybase SQL Anywhere Client Software': https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=324846"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult"... SQL Anywhere Client Software"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Sybase"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"sybbatch;facets_repl"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DownloadLink","detail":

even i have the latest 15.7 driver on machine and added sybase server in odbc.

please help here !

getting similar issue, not able to setup gateway to sybase from power bi

but yes successfully connected to SQL for other gateways

error i am getting is below. 

"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Sybase SQL Anywhere: We were unable to find a database provider with invariant name 'Sap.Data.SQLAnywhere'.\r\nThis error could've been the result of provider-specific client software being required, but missing on this computer. To download client software for this provider, visit the following site and choose the 64-bit (x64) version of, at minimum, 'Sybase SQL Anywhere Client Software': https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=324846"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult"... SQL Anywhere Client Software"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Sybase"}},

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.