Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy a report directly in Report Server

Hi guys,

I would like to know if we can create a copy of a pibx directly in the Report Server.

In fact,  I have to empower a lot of people to each report and I have many. I would like to empower 1 report and then create a copy of this one then change its name to have the same than my second report and finally, replace it to change the content. It could avoid to empower n people multiply by x reports.

I didn't find the option "copy" so I would like to know if you have some tips for me.

Thank you very much

have a good day !

5 REPLIES 5
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Response from Icey is correct! That is how it was managed in SSRS Report Server as well. You create folders with permissions and then deploy reports to those folders. The way you need it woud always replace full. 

Behind the scene these get stored in ReportServerDB so the moment you deploy, a full insert happens in DB for that report and your permissions are lost. Folder permissions are retained and that is how it can work.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is not supported to create a copy of a pibx directly in the Report Server currently.

Based on your requirements, it is suggested to create a folder and manage the folder security to give permissions to some users.Then, all those users will have the same access to the reports in the folder.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I told about the RLS so I have to empower one by one

dpFr33
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

did you try with Power BI Report Server API?
Have a look at:https://github.com/Microsoft/Reporting-Services 

For example, you can:

1. download a report by script

2. rename the file

3. upload new file

Regards,

Denis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thank you for taking time to answer me

I think when you download a report, every user empowerment are lost

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.