Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marcin
Helper V
Helper V

Connection with mobile application

Hi,

I have installed PowerBI Report Server on my computer after configuration everything looks ok. 

I have uploaded some pbx files to use reports .

Capture.JPG

But I am not able to connect to this serwer using any Mogile App. 

First I tried this for Windows application from Windows Store :

Capture2.JPG

A don't know hot to change language in this applicatio by it says tha servers address is incorrect . I put the url address from Configuration Manager :

Capture3.JPG

On my mobile phone I have the same problem. 

12 REPLIES 12
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Try removing the /browse from the end of your URL, you only need this portion of the URL http://<servername>/<vdir>

I tried that either , doesn't work. 

Hi @Marcin,

If you are using mobile app on Windows devices, it probably hasn't supported Power BI Report Server yet. You'll notice it prompt you to connect "SQL Server Reporing Services 2016", not "Power BI Report Server". 

The mobile app works fine in Android and iOS devices, and you can follow this article on how to set it up: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-mobile-iphone-kpis-mobile-reports/

Hi,

I found first reason was that my computer wasn't visable by local network , after I change this the problem with url disappeared. 

But now the problem is with the log on into server, 

I have added new user named : "report" to security options which is local user on computer where server is installed and I use its credentials why trying to log to server using this time Mobile App on my Android OS , my phone is also using WiFi the same that computer with server.

The error is : "There was a problem during the authentication process"

Capture.JPG

Can you try to log in using username without domain? e.g. instead of "DOMAIN\user", just "user"

I am trying in to log in  exactly in this way using 'report' as username without server name and problem stays the same. 

It says that there was a problem with authentication  not that creadentials are incorrect.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Marcin i would think you would need the IP address?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

@vanessafvg do you mean ip addres instead server name ? 

Capture3.JPG

I have tried that but it didn't help 😕 

have you opened port 80? (just a guess)

details should be here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-server/configure-a-firewall-for-repor...

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

I tried even to turn off firewall but it also didn't help ... 

@Marcin 

check this thread

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/How-to-access-the-Power-BI-Report-Server-reports-remot...

Unfortunately it still does not work, the error remains the same : 'Server url addres is incorrect' 😕 

Any advice ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.