Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gcrest
Frequent Visitor

Connection Mode for Embed PBI on SSAS

Hello,

I'm having an issue when trying to embed PBI reports in my own webpage. These reports are based on SSAS data.

I wish my users - who are connected on my webpage - don't have to authenticate again on RS.
Those users are not known by our LDAP network, we have therefore created a generic authorized service account.
The idea is to set the user credentials (ID & Pwd) via the authorization http header.
To do this, I change the connection mode from RSWindowsNTLM to RSWindowsBasic, this is what I get :
- RS is connected with the generic user => OK
- the report elements are displayed => OK
- but no data is displayed => KO.

The test to the datasource with this generic user was succesful in the report management page.

I get this message in french : "Impossible de charger le modèle" that could be translated into "Failed to load the model".

We're using the latest October version.
Could you help me on that subject?

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gcrest
Frequent Visitor

Hello Yuliana,

As I wrote previsously I used the october version, that was released at the beginning of November.

But I realised one the changelog page that the november version contained a "Fix for Basic Authentication Scenarios".

With this hotfix it now seems to perfectly work.

Thx for your help,

Best regards,

Guillaume 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gcrest,

Did you grant PBI Report Server access permission to your generic user account?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, 

Yes the generic user is granted on the PBI server.

The problem seems to be more on the SSAS data than on the server, don't you think ?

I read this message https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Powerbi-report-server-custom-authentication-adding-ma... and wondered if this was not the same problem.

Do you know if this precise bug will be resolved in the next version ? 

Regards

gcrest
Frequent Visitor

Hello again Yuliana,

Just one precision : we're currently using the  2016 developper SqlServer  version.

I don't know if this would change anything with the 2017 and\or enterprise version.

Best regards,

Guillaume

gcrest
Frequent Visitor

Hello Yuliana,

As I wrote previsously I used the october version, that was released at the beginning of November.

But I realised one the changelog page that the november version contained a "Fix for Basic Authentication Scenarios".

With this hotfix it now seems to perfectly work.

Thx for your help,

Best regards,

Guillaume 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.