Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rmoulika
Frequent Visitor

Connecting paginated reports in power bi report builder to sharepoint file

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to look for a way to connect power bi report builder to an xlsx (excel) file i have in sharepoint, but i cant find any documentation supporting this. If someone could help me connect that would be amazing.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @rmoulika 

It seems that there is no direct way to import xlsx file in sharepoint. You can first create a dateset of the xlsx data source in the service, and then connect to the data by connecting to powerbi dataset.

Reference:Power BI Dataset data source support for Paginated Reports is now available | Microsoft Power BI Blo...

vjaneygmsft_0-1623899976306.png

If you can download it locally, there is also an odbc connection method.

You can follow the steps: SQLCircuit: SSRS - How to create a report using Excel as a data source

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @rmoulika 

It seems that there is no direct way to import xlsx file in sharepoint. You can first create a dateset of the xlsx data source in the service, and then connect to the data by connecting to powerbi dataset.

Reference:Power BI Dataset data source support for Paginated Reports is now available | Microsoft Power BI Blo...

vjaneygmsft_0-1623899976306.png

If you can download it locally, there is also an odbc connection method.

You can follow the steps: SQLCircuit: SSRS - How to create a report using Excel as a data source

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.