Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Connect to Cassandra and refresh dashboards every 5 seconds.

Hi guys,

We have a requirement where we have Patient data  inserted into cassandra DB every 5 seconds( the size is like 10 GB every 15 minutes) and we need a on-premsise solution(Power BI report server) to address this. What are the options available to implement this?

We could go for Direct query approach and use Cassandra ODBC driver to fetch data, however the question that they are looking for is can the dashabord be refreshed in seconds? Can we schedule refreshingof tiles/data every say 15 or <15 seconds or is there a way to auotmate it?

Is there any other alternative to Direct Query? How to handle 2 biggest concerns: Refresh of data and Scalability?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik

1 REPLY 1

Guys any suggestions? 

I did check out https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Is-it-possible-to-display-real-time-data-on-report-se... ..Yuliana says that streamign DS are not supported in Report server.. So if we are using Direct query and cassandra DB has 100 Gb of data ..can report server handle such huge data??. Lets say i refresh the dashboard( and say my incremntal pull picks up 10 GB of data) will it cause a performance issue? 

How to handle such scenarios? is powerbi service - cloud offering(with streaming datasets) advisable? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.