Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

noumanlaiq

Configure multiple sender email addresses in Power BI On-Prem report server

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for an option in Power BI on-Premesis report server email subscription, to use a differnent sender email address to send emails to differnt customers.

Like client Mr. XYZ should receive the email from email address 123@XYZ.COM while client Mr. PQR should recieve the email from email address 456@XYZ.COM.

Please let me know any solution other than using a seperate report server for each sender email address.

Thanks      

4 REPLIES 4
noumanlaiq

Hi,

Thanks medina, but the provided link is guiding about the standard configuration of email on Power Bi Report server, that we already have done. It support only 1 sender email address.

I know that, till date, microsoft didnt support multiple sender email address in its standard configuration, let me know if know any customized utility to do that.

Thanks,    

Medina
Helper II
Helper II

Hi noumanlaiq,

I used the following technique:

1. Create a Data-driven subscription
  2. Enter the following SQL statement
  SELECT 'mrXYZ@the_domain.com' AS [to],'123@XYZ.COM' AS [from],'email to Mr. XYZ' AS Subject
  UNION
  SELECT 'mrPQR@the_domain.com' AS [to],'456@XYZ.COM' AS [from],'email to Mr. PQR' AS Subject;​

3. Complete the data-driven setup.

When the subscription is executed, PBI Report Server sees a record set with two rows, it will use the values returned to populate the parameters, for our case, Mr. XYZ will receive an email from 123@XYZ.COM and Mr. PQR will receive an email from 456@XYZ.COM

Thanks!

Hi Medina,

Thanks for your reply.

But in Power BI reprot server Data Driven subscription, there is no option to map [FROM] email address field from any dataset. It always pick the sender email address which is set up during the configuration of Report server.

429a877c-35cd-4f1e-a2df-d479691d0e41.jpg

Can you please assist further how you are mapping the [from] email address in parameters of report?

Thanks.

Hi 

My sincere apology, but you are right; there is no From option. My "solution" does not work for what you are trying to do. I did spend some time looking around, and maybe, just maybe, this link can bring some light. 
E-Mail Settings in SSRS Native mode (Configuration Manager) - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) |...

Please, let me know if that helped.

Best,

Medina

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.