Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Compatibility issues between Power BI Report Server and Microsoft Edge

Hi,

I've Power BI Report Server on a local client machine. I've notices some issues when I use Edge (and not the Internet Explorer) to call the Report Server portal: f.e., when I run a published report connected to a local SQL Server data source the data are not loaded while when I use Internet Explorer the same report is executed without any problems.

Are there any compatibility issues with Microsoft Edge?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

From this document, Microsoft Edge (+) is compatible with Power BI Report Server.

In your scenario, when you open a report on Web Portal via Microsoft Edge, please refresh the web browser to see whether it works. Also, please reboot your Power BI Report Server service for a test. Besides, did you get any error message whe you use Edge to call the Report Server portal?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yuliana,

thanks for your reply, but I've told what I've seen on my machine (Windows 10 + Microsoft Edge) and not what I've read it your suggested article.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.