Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tljthree
Advocate I
Advocate I

Comparing Power BI Service (cloud) features with Power BI Report Server (August 2017 preview)

Trying to get a sense of which Power BI Service (cloud) functions are available in Power BI Report Server (on premises), and which are not.

The following Power BI Service functions appear to be absent in Power BI Report Server (August 2017 preview):

Power BI Datasets

Authoring new reports directly from the web (Power BI Report Server)

Dashboards

Generate Automatic Insights from the data

Show related content (From the context of a selected Power BI report, identify other reports on the Report Server that are derived from the same data source)

Subscribe to emails when data for a report is updated

Get data alerts when dashboard data passes certain limits

Show Report Usage metrics

Share report to an email address

Show who has been granted access to a report

Schedule refresh of Power BI Report data

Refresh Power BI Report

Package Report content as an App

And probably other items.

If any of these items are available in Power BI Report Server (August 2017 preview), please let me know, and/or explain how to use that feature.

Thanks,
TLJ

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tljthree,

Some of features you listed are under review or started by PG team, eg: subscription, dashboard, etc. You can check status here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/category/207604-report-server?page=1

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.