Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

murali5431
Helper III
Helper III

Combining OR & AND in multi-value parameters

Hi,

I have 3 parameters in my report query. The system generated DAX is as follows. I need to modify below query such that either I enter a combination of [CNTR] & [CNTR_DT] or enter just enter [SUPP_LD_NO] as the parameter, leaving other two fields blank.

EVALUATE SUMMARIZECOLUMNS('Data'[CNTR], 'Data'[CNTR_DT], 'Data'[SUPP_LD_NO], RSCustomDaxFilter(@DataCNTR,EqualToCondition,[Data].[CNTR],String), RSCustomDaxFilter(@DataCNTRDT,EqualToCondition,[Data].[CNTR_DT],DateTime), RSCustomDaxFilter(@DataSUPPLDNO,EqualToCondition,[Data].[SUPP_LD_NO],String))

Assuming I was clear with my requirement, please assist.

Regards,

Muralidhar

3 REPLIES 3
Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi Murali,

Use custom DAX query option and use the below code. 

Table = SUMMARIZECOLUMNS (
        'Data'[CNTR], 'Data'[CNTR_DT], 'Data'[SUPP_LD_NO],
FILTER (
Data,
(FORMAT ( Data[CNTR_DT], "YYYY-MM-DD" )
<= FORMAT ("2020-01-01", "YYYY-MM-DD" )
&& (PATHCONTAINS ( "A", DATA[CNTR] )))
|| PATHCONTAINS ("1ABC", DATA[SUPP_LD_NO])
))
You need to add expression for parameters - Join(Parametername,"|") as like to make it work. Also you need to handle ALL in case if it is blank

Thanks
Hari

@Hariharan_R .. I am unable to replicate your suggestion into my program, as it is still asking me to enter values in other fields. Can you let me know how I can modify below to accomplish it.

EVALUATE SUMMARIZECOLUMNS('Data'[CNTR], 'Data'[CNTR_DT], 'Data'[SUPP_LD_NO], RSCustomDaxFilter(@DataCNTR,EqualToCondition,[Data].[CNTR],String), RSCustomDaxFilter(@DataCNTRDT,EqualToCondition,[Data].[CNTR_DT],DateTime), RSCustomDaxFilter(@DataSUPPLDNO,EqualToCondition,[Data].[SUPP_LD_NO],String))

Thanks for your help!

Muralidhar

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @murali5431 

I reproduced your scene in report builder, Is your data source 'AS'? I found that the choice of parameters is in the order of creating the parameters. And if you choose multiple options, it can't contain a null value by default. And it seems that only the value can be customized, and the interaction between the parameters can't be controlled.

v-janeyg-msft_0-1621413338493.png

If you still have problems, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.