Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

calleking
Regular Visitor

Clustered Column Chart only works in PBI Desktop (October 2017) and not in browser/app

Hi,

I'm struggling with a report where some visualizations only show values while working with the report in PBI Desktop (October 2017).

As soon as I deploy the report to Power BI Report Server and look at the report either thourgh a browser or through the Power BI app on my Samsung S8 the charts are completely empty except for Legends (year period). Other charts work just fine. Pie charts, table view etc all work fine. Clustered column charts and bar charts do not. 

Report in PBI Desktop (October 2017).

Clustered column chart 1.PNG

Same report browsed on PBI Report Server through IE10. 

Clustered column chart 2.PNG

To illustrate the problem even more here's the same measures/dimensions used with different visualizations (slightly blurred) as seen through the PBI Portal on IE10:

powerbi problem.PNG

Also, it seems that if I remove the Year Period from the Legends the chart suddenly works. I'm thinking the chart should work in PBI Portal if it works in PB Desktop? What am i missing here? 

Also, why does IE get this "Loading Data" text from time to time even though the report has been loaded? Does not happen in Chrome.

Tried different browser modes in IE but didn't solve anything.

If you know anything please drop a line.

Many thanks

Karl

1 REPLY 1
calleking
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Just wanted to give an update on this after spending a couple of hours on it.

I installed a custom visualization from the Store - Infographics. This visualization managed to by default plot out legends. Nothing else needed. Just selected it and worked straight away. Very strange that the default visualization doesn't handle it.

Br,

Karl

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.