Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hbao4
Frequent Visitor

Click Refresh Now failed in Scheduled refresh - Jan 2021

Dear,

I downloaded Jan 2021 powerBI desktop and then deploy one pbix to server. The credential is succeed, but when I clicked "refresh now" in  "Scheduled refresh" failed.

The error message: SessionID: 548021a4-42b8-4d93-9c99-edb78918a5c4 [0] -1056505856: COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, No credentials were found for the datasource.

Regards,

Nancy

Update info:

1. I have tried to download and upload again... failed again with same error 

2. I have checked with my teammates and they told me that this server is upgraded to 2021.1  version.  Actually, this server is not only used by myself. I cannot force server owner to upgrade server or restart server.

Thus, based on these situations, how to do????? 

Final update: I do a copy on 2020.5..... Because the server version can't be decided by myself....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hbao4 ,

There is a fix in the upcoming May release that should help. And here is a workaround may help you:

1.  Backup the config.json file (usually located in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\RSHostingService\config.json") 

2. Edit the config.json file and add this in the AS section (make sure to add the comma): 

"name": "AS", 

"launcher":"AnalysisServices", 

"path": "ASEngine\\msmdsrv.exe", 

"Config": 

{ 

"Workspaces.path": "ASEngine\\workspaces", 

"restartOnChangesTo": "Hosting-databaseValidationStatus,ASPort,Workspaces.path" 

} 

3. Save the config.json file and restart the Power BI Report Server service 

Reference: Fix for "Datasource XXXXXX Not Found" PowerBI Refr... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hbao4 ,

There is a fix in the upcoming May release that should help. And here is a workaround may help you:

1.  Backup the config.json file (usually located in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\RSHostingService\config.json") 

2. Edit the config.json file and add this in the AS section (make sure to add the comma): 

"name": "AS", 

"launcher":"AnalysisServices", 

"path": "ASEngine\\msmdsrv.exe", 

"Config": 

{ 

"Workspaces.path": "ASEngine\\workspaces", 

"restartOnChangesTo": "Hosting-databaseValidationStatus,ASPort,Workspaces.path" 

} 

3. Save the config.json file and restart the Power BI Report Server service 

Reference: Fix for "Datasource XXXXXX Not Found" PowerBI Refr... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Please try configurig the Data source on server . Please refer to this video for help :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Qkgg4hwMg

AbhiSSRS_0-1619013863496.png

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hbao4 ,

Please check if these steps could help:

1. Download the PBI report (PBIX file) from the PBIRS portal 
  2. Upload the PBI report (PBIX file) back to the PBIRS portal and overwrite the original (there is no need to open the PBIX file in PBI Desktop) 
  3. Retest the scheduled refresh 

Best Regards,

Icey

bwebbles

I have this same issues.  How do we fix?

SimonKragh
Frequent Visitor

I have had a report server running without any issues with the above versions. However, since this morning all our reports which utilize import data is now failing with the exact same error message as above. 

UPDATE: Restarting the whole server fixed the issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.