Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear a Search text box in a slicer field

Hi ,

The search text entered in the slicer won't clear even after hitting eraser OR using book mark to clear default selection . We're seeing this issue on both on Power BI Desktop and Power BI Report Server ( not sure about Power BI Service, because we're using On premise PBI Report server ). 

Could you please let us know the solution to fix this issue . If this is expected behavior, kindly fix this in upcoming versions .

You can see that the entered text is not cleared outYou can see that the entered text is not cleared out

Thanks in advance !

4 REPLIES 4
dinesh123
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @gopikrishnaj
We have ran into same issue("Clear a Search text box in a slicer field"), Did you find solution for this?
Thanks in advance.

Shishir22
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Anonymous ,

I guess you have searched for this value and forgot to delete and published the reprort. 

Please delete this text in Power BI Desktop and then re-publish this report.

Please mark it as answer if it solves your issue. Kudos are also appreciated.

Cheers,
Shishir
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Shishir22 ,

Many Thanks for looking on this issue.  I think, you've not understood my query . There was already similar type of query ( please refer to this post ) in this forum, but there is no solution yet. 

Kindly look into this request , because most of the power bi users are eagerly waiting for the fix .

Thanks in advance !

I noticed recently (probably after the August release), using the eraser will clear the text in the Slicer search box.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.