Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zxl1031
Helper I
Helper I

Change url in data gateway

Hello everyone,

How I can change the url in data source credentials? I use personal mode data gateway, which works for auto refreshing the sql database but not this REST API.. I notice the API url is not correct and returns error code "400". I want to change the url but cannot find a way to do.. Can anyone help? Thanks so much

Untitled.png

6 REPLIES 6
jaddobumba
Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue. I've updated the authentications and URLs in PowerBI desktop, saved and republished numerous times but the dashboards still pick up the old URL and there doesn't seem to be a way to update this. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @zxl1031,

You cannnot do the URL chagne in the Power BI server, insted you need to download this report first and make necessory chagne in the connection and then you can publish the report again.

Let me know if the above works, I had one scenario and it worked for me.

Hello @Anonymous,

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate Smiley Happy

I have modified the Data Source Settings in my pbix file as below and then I publish to the workspace .

data source.png

In the server, the data connection looks like below, which is not a correct request and i got error code 400. I don't understand why it detects in such a way??

data gateway.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @zxl1031,

Have you tried different authentication mode.

@Anonymous I use basic authentication. I don't think it is the auth issue but the url link is actually wrong. Still no way to figure out how to change the url.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zxl1031, you should create a support ticket and co-ordinate with support team for the same.

Create your request in below link :

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Mention that you already have this issue created in community so that if they want more details they can have a look at this page as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors