Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RobertXiong
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot create Scheduled Refresh Plan on on-premises Power BI Report Server

Anyone can help with this? 

I created report and uploaded it on Power BI Report Server (on-premises), it worked fine when I opened it from report server. right now I want to refresh data daily from source database to report server database, so I tried to create Scheduled Refresh Plan for it, but I Error message popup to say "An error has occurred, Something went wrong, please try again later".

Anyone can help whti this? what happed? how to solve this issue?

Thanks so much

Robert Xiong

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@RobertXiong  

That's strange, there is no specific error message, so it is difficult to determine the problem.
Try to restart the sql database service in machine. 

Is the RS report in the production environment from the previous test environment or is it newly uploaded?

If it still doesn’t work, I’m afraid you have to reinstall RS. 

Troubleshoot scheduled refresh in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

斥敌
Regular Visitor

我也遇到过这个问题。

后来我查看D:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles日志,发现是权限的问题。设置能够完全控制下面这个路径的文件夹即可。

或许你也可以检查一下对这个文件夹的访问权限。

appdomainmanager!DefaultDomain!1cc0!07/02/2021-16:45:00:: e ERROR: AppDomain ReportServer error: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerHttpRuntimeInternalException: An internal or system error occurred in the HTTP Runtime object for application domain ReportServer_PBIRS_1. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: 对路径“D:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\ReportServer\RSTempFiles\~AspAccessCheck_81fb13747360.tmp”的访问被拒绝。

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team,

I am also facing the similar issue in my prod environment. However it is a painful to restart/reboot the service to get it resolved. Is there any alternate ways to handle this error.

Currently when ever i am getting this error below steps i am following which is not a candidate for production environments.

1. Clearing SQL Logs in SSMS.

2. Restarting the service and also Rebooting mechine.(Which may not required).

3.All the credentials are correct only.

Please support me to solve the Issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Phanikumar B

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team,

I am also facing the similar issue in my prod environment. However it is a painful to restart/reboot the service to get it resolved. Is there any alternate ways to handle this error.

Currently when ever i am getting this error below steps i am following which is not a candidate for production environments.

Thanks & Regards,

Phanikumar B

斥敌
Regular Visitor

我也遇到过这个问题。

后来我查看D:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles日志,发现是权限的问题。设置能够完全控制下面这个路径的文件夹即可。

或许你也可以检查一下对这个文件夹的访问权限。

appdomainmanager!DefaultDomain!1cc0!07/02/2021-16:45:00:: e ERROR: AppDomain ReportServer error: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerHttpRuntimeInternalException: An internal or system error occurred in the HTTP Runtime object for application domain ReportServer_PBIRS_1. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: 对路径“D:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\ReportServer\RSTempFiles\~AspAccessCheck_81fb13747360.tmp”的访问被拒绝。

Thanks so much for your information, I uninstalled Power BI Report Server and installed it again, right now it works. probably I had the same problem before.

much appreciate

Robert

RobertXiong
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Janey,

Thanks so much for your support. 

when I created scheduled refresh plan, I got error message, see below screenshot.

RobertXiong_0-1639402182679.png

1. I tested the data source connection of report, it's OK, credentials of connection has no problem, tested successfully.

2. I ran the report, it's OK, but the data was old as when I uploaded the report file to Power BI Report Server  from Power BI Desktop.

3. The version of Power BI Report Server is 15.0.1107.165, latest version.

4. I can see the report content, no problem

Much appreciate for your support

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team,

Thanks & Regards,

Phanikumar B

Hello @RobertXiong 

What's your data source? Some data sources don't support schedule refresh in rs.

Power BI report data sources in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

In addition, you can check if other reports can be refreshed.

Yo'd better @ me, or I might not see your reply.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

The data source is oracle database 12c. The other reports couldn't refresh neither.

I had testing environment, the Power BI Report Server and the SQL database of PBIRS are in same server, the data source was oracle as well. I could create scheduled refresh plan in testing environment. 

Right now I am going to create production environment. the report server is same, but the SQL database server is in another windows server.  

are there procedures to debug this kind of issue?

Thanks so much

Robert Xiong

Hi, @RobertXiong 

vjaneygmsft_0-1639621042766.png

The SQL database corresponding to RS must correspond. I think the problem should be here. 

I cannot follow you what the mean of "The SQL database corresponding to RS must correspond" is . would you like to tell me more?

Thanks so much.

@RobertXiong 

Each RS backend has a SQL server to store data. I don’t know if your test environment and production environment use the same RS.

In my production environment, I used old RS (was RS in test environment) as production RS,  this backend database was changed to connect to remote SQL Server   

I don't use test RS anymore.

Thanks

@RobertXiong  

That's strange, there is no specific error message, so it is difficult to determine the problem.
Try to restart the sql database service in machine. 

Is the RS report in the production environment from the previous test environment or is it newly uploaded?

If it still doesn’t work, I’m afraid you have to reinstall RS. 

Troubleshoot scheduled refresh in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Thanks so much Janey, sorry for late replying.

I uninstalled Power BI Report Server and installed it again last weekend, right now it works.

Much appreciate for your support 

Robert Xiong

Hi, @RobertXiong 

Can the server in the production environment connect to the SQL data source? Do they belong to the same AD? Ensure access to data sources. And  Is your login account admin?

1. The report server in PROD can connect to Oracle data source, see below screenshot. when I ran report, I could see the content of report.

RobertXiong_0-1639575650276.png

2. The service account in Report Server configuration Manager is account with admin privileges in SQL Server Database(The database of Report Server), and this account has three privileges role on SQL Jobs.

RobertXiong_1-1639576796073.png

3. below is screenshot for database connection setting. the connection is no problem. and the user PBIReport is database account, different from service account as above.

RobertXiong_2-1639576964419.png

Thanks so much

RobertXiong
Helper I
Helper I

1. I upgraded the Power BI Report Server to latest version 15.0.1107.166 (released on Sept. 2021)

2. The service account in Report Server Configuration Manager is domain\sqladmin with all three permissions of Job agent

3. The user in connection to report server database is another user in report server database. 

4. I didn't find any error messages in folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles\

I do not know what haapened and how to fix this

Anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks so much

Hi, @RobertXiong 

Do you mean there is an error after setting refresh? Can you test the connection in the pbirs report settings? Data source credentials are also need to be confirmed.

Can you see the report content on the homepage normally?

What's your current version? Consider an updated version:Power BI Report Server | Microsoft Power BI

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.