Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

DSG-Lux
Helper I
Helper I

Can we connect the Power BI on-premise data gateway to the Power BI Report Server?

Hello,

I just found this article about the new scorecard component in Power BI Desktop (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/balanced-scorecards/?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTldFeE1tVTFPVGd6T0RWai...

stating "On the backend, we source multiple Analysis Services tabular models via the Power BI on-premises data gateway and link to a single dashboard by pinning visuals in the Power BI Service." -- I want this feature as well on our on-premise Power BI Report Server. Sometimes it is a real drawback we can only connect to one tabular model at once and especially for the development of such comprehensive dashboards a common source like the data gateway would be great. 

Hence, my question: is it possible with Power BI Report Server (October 2017 Release)? 

best regards,

SEbastian 

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @DSG-Lux,

Unfortunately, it is not supported to connect to Power BI data gateway in Power BI Report Server.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear Yuliana,

are there any ambitions to do so? The Microsoft development roadmap for their BI stack is not very transparent. 

best regards,

Sebastian 

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors