cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Can the November version of Power BI Desktop be used with the latest Report Server?

I am getting this error when i upload the modelCapture.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User IX
Super User IX

Re: Can the November version of Power BI Desktop be used with the latest Report Server?

Make sure that you have the RS version of the November update. Each Report Server release includes a special version of the Desktop designed to with with Report Server.

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Can the November version of Power BI Desktop be used with the latest Report Server?

@Greg_Deckler hi yes, unfortunately i can never find the link for it, do you know where to download it from, its not obvious from the RS page or the deskop page

previously also it wasn't  problem to create a dashboard in the default destop app for RS

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sounds like you are using the latest release for the cloud, the version that goes with report server is Version: 2.51.4885.1423 64-bit (October 2017)

To find the correct version of the desktop I always got to the report server webportal and use the download link as below.

rs desktop download.jpg

Highlighted
Super User IX
Super User IX

As I recall, you go to the download link for the latest Report Server version and hit download and THEN it gives you the option to download the Desktop RS version. Not super intuitive.

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@Greg_Deckler @IGray  thanks i found it

yes i know that there is a RS specific one but it never gave me issues before.. just hope i can open my model in the rs one

Helpful resources

Announcements
Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Upcoming Events

Community Summit North America – Join Online!

Join this community-driven Power Platform digital event for unbiased support and problem-solving.

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.