Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

Can the November version of Power BI Desktop be used with the latest Report Server?

I am getting this error when i upload the modelCapture.PNG

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

5 REPLIES 5
IGray
Frequent Visitor

Sounds like you are using the latest release for the cloud, the version that goes with report server is Version: 2.51.4885.1423 64-bit (October 2017)

To find the correct version of the desktop I always got to the report server webportal and use the download link as below.

rs desktop download.jpg

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Make sure that you have the RS version of the November update. Each Report Server release includes a special version of the Desktop designed to with with Report Server.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler hi yes, unfortunately i can never find the link for it, do you know where to download it from, its not obvious from the RS page or the deskop page

previously also it wasn't  problem to create a dashboard in the default destop app for RS

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

As I recall, you go to the download link for the latest Report Server version and hit download and THEN it gives you the option to download the Desktop RS version. Not super intuitive.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler @IGray  thanks i found it

yes i know that there is a RS specific one but it never gave me issues before.. just hope i can open my model in the rs one

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.