Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Nick970
Frequent Visitor

Can’t upload this report - Oct. 2020 Server

Hello, 

We just updated our server to the October 2020 release. I created a simple report in the desktop client with a .csv data source and one column visual, just to test the upload functionality and received this error message:

We're not able to upload this report. The report was created with a recent version of Power BI Desktop that is not yet supported by this server.

I'm using the report server version of the desktop client and believed I had the correct one. Has anyone else run in to this?

Server version: 1.9.7675.15620 (October 2020)

Desktop client: 2.86.1321.0 64-bit (October 2020)

7 REPLIES 7
gboreki
Employee
Employee

Can you validate that this issue still happens with the January 2021 version?

Download Microsoft Power BI Report Server - January 2021 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Yes, we are on the Jan. 2021 release. That is the one we are having the issue with. 

Sorry just to be clear you are on the "January 2021" branded release that came out last friday? We believe the fix to your issue is included in this build (but was not in the October servicing release that came out on 1/7/21)

Would you be able to post your Report Server and Portal versions just so we can double check?

Oh, no. I'm sorry. We are on the 1/7 version.  I'll see if our team can install the January one. 

Server version: 1.9.7675.15620 (October 2020)

Desktop client: 2.86.1321.0 64-bit (October 2020)

Quite ok, it's very confusing with the update to Oct version coming out in January. 

Please do try the January 2021 Release and if it reproduces bump this thread. 

https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=55329

Thanks,

Pete

josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Versions are correct, latest build of October2020 PBIRS is republished on 7th January, and latest build of October PBID is republished 18th November. This combination of versions works well on my prod enviroment (but with disabled EMF).

But forgot on all three problematic builds of October 2020 PBIRS, and install new January 2021 release.

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

Oct 2020 server update was published on 1/7/2021

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57270

FarhanAhmed_0-1611551790253.png

Make sure that you are using desktop & Server both from this download.

It seems that you may have the previous version of PBRIS Oct 2020 and you are using Desktop from this version.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.