Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't upload reports to the Power Bi server folder

Hello all,

I have been trying to upload a PBI file to a shared folder. I am keep getting the following error that says can't upload the repors to folder due to incompetency with the server.  

I have updated my powerBIdesktop with the latest update on June 2019, 2.70.5502.0 and re-created the folder in powerbi Server but I kept getting the same error. 

Capture55555.PNG

Any ideas, what can be the problem? 

Thank you so much,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi.

From provided screenshot it looks that this is not a Power BI Desktop version for Report Server. Power BI Desktop for Report Server has release month in title bar on top of window. It should look like , like (May 2019), for example.

Maybe this is the reason.

Regards

Andris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

Dear beloved community,

I have deleted app and all related cache, and re-installed the app using the latest updated version. However, still getting the same error.  What was indeed interesting is that, couple of weeks ago when I used PBI, my analytics screen was with normal black thema. No matter how many times I re-install the app, I am getting the old grey thema on the panel. It sounds bizzare but could it be that somehow my PBI remains with the older version settings?

Capture2222.JPG

Hi.

From provided screenshot it looks that this is not a Power BI Desktop version for Report Server. Power BI Desktop for Report Server has release month in title bar on top of window. It should look like , like (May 2019), for example.

Maybe this is the reason.

Regards

Andris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.