cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Can't upload report to report server (Jan 2020 version)

Hi,

I'm having some issues uploading (any) reports from Power BI Desktop to Report Server. I get errors both when Saving As and when uploading from within Power BI itself.

The errors I'm receiving are, respectively:

• Upload via Report Server: "There was an error uploading your .pbix file. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file."
  • Save As via PBI Desktop: "An error occurred while attempting to save the report to Power BI Report Server"

The versions I'm using are:

• Power BI Desktop (Optimised for Report Server): Version: 2.76.5678.1521 64-bit (January 2020)
  • Power BI Report Server: Version 1.6.7364.4075 (January 2020)
  • I have also tried the September 2019 version of Power BI Desktop and got the same issue.

To keep the test as simple as possible and (hopefully) eliminate any issues with the report itself I've created a simple "Hello World" report (one text box with "Hello World" in and that is literally it).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Can't upload report to report server (Jan 2020 version)

Okay, so we solved this issue after a tip from some guys at MS.

The process was to delete the PBIRS databases and then re-run setup. Not sure why this worked, but it did!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Can't upload report to report server (Jan 2020 version)

Okay, so we solved this issue after a tip from some guys at MS.

The process was to delete the PBIRS databases and then re-run setup. Not sure why this worked, but it did!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Who are our Super User Superstars? Who made it to the top of the leaderboards? Get the answers!

June 2020 Community Highlights

June 2020 Community Highlights

Featured community members, changes to the Community, and more! Read up on recent Power BI community news.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Kudoed Authors