cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ehavir New Member

Can't schedule refresh on Excel Workbook because the data sources don't support refresh

I have set up an Excel Workbook with two tabs and a table in each. The content is populated into the table by hand/typing directly into the table. There are no other external data sources populating the table. However, when I try to schedule a refresh to the workbook, I get the following error message.

You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because the following data sources currently don't support refresh:Learn more about data sources that currently support refresh.

That links to a page "Use personal gateways in Power BI." The Excel Workbook is saved on SharePoint via a Teams channel/files.

This is the only message, and I have no other way to troubleshoot the issue that I can see. Is there any other diagnostics I can run on the workbook to determine why I am unable to schedule the update? I can't rely on stakeholders to refresh the data manually.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Alexg2 Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Re: Can't schedule refresh on Excel Workbook because the data sources don't support refresh

Are the tables linked to data model? Refresh won't work otherwise.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!