Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBBB

Can't open file or folder /. It may have been moved, renamed, or deleted.

Hi,

I'am trying to publish a basic report to Power BI Report Server, and i am getting this error:

"Can't open file or folder /. It may have been moved, renamed, or deleted."

Error.JPG

Can somebody help me find what is wrong ? 

I am using a Power BI desktop June 2017 Version for Power BI Report Server. I installed and configured the report server locally on my computer. I checked the Report Server URL, it's the right one.

Thank You.

11 REPLIES 11
jcgutierrez83

Estimados:

tenia el mismo problema lo resolvi bajando la misma version de power bi para report server, tambien a tener en cuenta que debe ser bajado en el mimo idioma.

espero les ayude esta info

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

Please try to change service account to see if it works: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Error-when-deploying-a-report-to-Power-BI-Report-Serve...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Changing the account had no effect... 😞

Hi, this is exactly what I'm experiencing now.  I did install the Oct 17 Power BI Desktop optimized for Report Server. 

Has anybody found a solution to this?

Thanks,

Chuck

Our problem was using the October Power BI Desktop with the Jun2017 Report Server. once I upgraded the report server to Octber release, everything worked fine.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

Could you please check the RSHostingService and msmdsrv logs in the PBIRS installation LogFiles folder and let me know if you see any errors? Also are you able to upload the report from the Report portal?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello

You should have the same version of Report Server and Desktop 8example October for both):

Then, open yuour current report with desktop and save it again and it should be working.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Existing-Power-BI-reports-will-not-load-after-upgrading-to/id...

Hope that will help 😉

Soup
Regular Visitor

Im getting the same issue.  Very simple report... Very stuck. Same version as above...

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBBB,

There is the latest Power BI report server October version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56137

Please upgrade your report server version and test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

We have same error on latest version Power BI report server 

We have same error on latest version  -1.1.6530.30789

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors