Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EmaVasileva
Helper V
Helper V

Can't export data from PBI report

Hi all,

I have a PBI report in the Report server and I'm trying to export the visualization (select Export data option) in xls/csv, but the it doesn't start downloading.
sc2.png

Any ideas what can be the issue and how can I solve it? I can export successfully any other report in the Server.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @EmaVasileva !

Please check if the size / no. of rows rendering into table visual it too large. Try filtering out the visual with some slicer to contain the no. to few rows & see if it works.

Regards,

Hasham

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EmaVasileva ,

What's the version of your PBIRS? I have tested with version 1.10.7737.32652 (January 2021) and it works well. Please check if this version wokrs.

In addition, May 2021 will be released recently. You can also wait a few days to try it.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HashamNiaz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @EmaVasileva !

Please let us know if you can't export data from any visual on this report. This could be because of the settings specific to Reports which can restrict end users from export any data.

Report ExportReport Export

Please check this settings with Report author & enable this in order to export data.

Regards,

Hasham

Hi @HashamNiaz,

Thank you for your answer. I have only one visual (a table) in the report, I follow the steps, but I still cannot export the report. Do you have any other suggestions about the issue?

Thanks.

Hi @EmaVasileva !

Please check if the size / no. of rows rendering into table visual it too large. Try filtering out the visual with some slicer to contain the no. to few rows & see if it works.

Regards,

Hasham

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.