Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

david904229
Helper I
Helper I

Can't enter the power bi report server

Hello,

I am trying to install and set up power bi report server on my PC.

But when I visited to the portal url, it wanted me to enter the username and password.

And I used my pc domain and username to login, it told me:

"""

Could not load folder contents

You cannnot view this folder. Please contact your system administrator to obtain the required permissions.

"""

Please tell me how to solved it ?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

By default when you first install Report Server only the user doing the install has access. That person then needs to grant other users/groups access.

In your case on your local PC it is probably the Administrators group that has access. So right click on your browser and choose the "run as Administrator" option. Then navigate to http://localhost/reports and click on the "Manager Folder" button in the top right, then click the "add user or group" button add your normal username and give yourself "Content Manager' rights (this is the highest level of access)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

By default when you first install Report Server only the user doing the install has access. That person then needs to grant other users/groups access.

In your case on your local PC it is probably the Administrators group that has access. So right click on your browser and choose the "run as Administrator" option. Then navigate to http://localhost/reports and click on the "Manager Folder" button in the top right, then click the "add user or group" button add your normal username and give yourself "Content Manager' rights (this is the highest level of access)

It's work.

Thank you very much!

david904229
Helper I
Helper I

The error like this two picture:

Snipaste_2021-03-19_18-35-11.pngSnipaste_2021-03-19_17-25-38.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.