Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andreassundstro
Frequent Visitor

Can't delete uploaded report in report portal

I was using the Rest-API to try and upload a report to our on-prem PowerBI Report Server. Somehow the uploaded report was missing the binary content. Now the report exists in the report portal but can't be deleted.

When clicking on the "... More info" button on the report an error ocurs. When inspecting the page with F12 a failed rest-call is made  to /reports/api/v2.0/PowerBIReports(Path=%27/HR-Rapport%27)/AllowedActions

This is the error from the PowerBI Report Server log:

2021-12-18 09:30:11.9554|ERROR|11|Failure in reportproperties| RequestID = s_a041fdd3-59ab-42fc-b04b-6716de6698e4 System.IO.FileFormatException: File contains corrupted data.
at MS.Internal.IO.Zip.ZipIOEndOfCentralDirectoryBlock.FindPosition(Stream archiveStream)
at MS.Internal.IO.Zip.ZipIOEndOfCentralDirectoryBlock.SeekableLoad(ZipIOBlockManager blockManager)
at MS.Internal.IO.Zip.ZipArchive..ctor(Stream archiveStream, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Boolean streaming, Boolean ownStream)
at MS.Internal.IO.Zip.ZipArchive.OpenOnStream(Stream stream, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Boolean streaming)
at System.IO.Packaging.ZipPackage..ctor(Stream s, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Boolean streaming)
at System.IO.Packaging.Package.Open(Stream stream, FileMode packageMode, FileAccess packageAccess, Boolean streaming)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Packaging.PowerBIPackager.Open(Stream storageStream, Boolean& requiresConversionToReportLayout, Byte[]& securityBindings, Version& pbixFileVersion, Boolean skipValidation)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.PbixLib.Parsing.PbixParserV1.ParsePbixFileIntoParts(Stream pbixFileAsStream, String requestId, String sessionId, Boolean areCustomVisualsEnabled)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.PbixLib.Parsing.PbixParserV1.ParsePbixFileIntoParts(Stream pbixFileAsStream, String requestId, String sessionId)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebApi.PbiApi.PbiApiController.<ShredFromStream>d__39.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebApi.PbiApi.PbiApiController.<ShredFromBody>d__36.MoveNext()

How can I delete the report?

3 REPLIES 3
andreassundstro
Frequent Visitor

@d_gosbell Where, if not this forum, would that be?

I agree it realy seems like a bug in the rest-api. My guess is that we have to delete the report from the database but I wanted help with a script to do that.

It depends on how you have licensed PBIRS. If you have purchased premium capacity your tenant admin can raise a support ticket here https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support 

Or if you purchased PBIRS through a SQL Server Enterprise License your organization will usually have some sort of support agreement in place as part of their Enterprise Agreement and there will be a phone number of web portal where they can raise support tickets.

I agree that the most likely fix is some sort of update against the database. But the database structure is undocumented so there is no safe way for anyone outside of Microsoft to provide such a script.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I think you will have to raise a support ticket with Microsoft to fix this issue. It's not a problem I've ever seen before and it sounds like a bug as there should not be any to upload something that cannot be deleted.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.