Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gesgin
Helper I
Helper I

Can't delete the report from report server url

Hi,

When I try to open or delete (hit the 3-dot-button) a specific report in Report Server URL, an error message "something went wrong, please try again later" appears. How can I find the actual path of the report in the disc? Or do you have any idea about how I can delete it?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

there report is noton the disk - it can be found in Report Server Database. But it is not a good idea to delete manually the content from the database, becouse you must know the relationshhips and the depending objects.

So I prefer to check the Windows Error Log and the Report Server Logs - hopefully there are any informations what goes here wrong.

Bye

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

there report is noton the disk - it can be found in Report Server Database. But it is not a good idea to delete manually the content from the database, becouse you must know the relationshhips and the depending objects.

So I prefer to check the Windows Error Log and the Report Server Logs - hopefully there are any informations what goes here wrong.

Bye

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous ,

The log file says "cannot access a disposed object", so it doesn't give a useful info about the error and how I can solve it.

Where is the report file located in report server db?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps