Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Katebrk
Helper I
Helper I

Can't connect to data source through Test connection

Hello!

I have the following situation with all of my reports on Report Server: 

1) I go to Manage -> Data sources and click "Test connection". Then the following error occurs: "The error occurs. Please try again later" and no more detailed information on number of error or what I should check. 

open666.png

2) I check if the refresh of the report was succesful and I see that the refresh was sucessfully completed 30min ago: 

open77.png

So I guess the connection to the data sources is fine. 

Could anybody please tell what could be the problem or where should I strart looking? Why "Test connection" doesn't work? 

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Katebrk
Helper I
Helper I

I think we got it fixed. We have changed the service account name in Configuration Manager. We had service account earlier and changed to Network connection for now, and everything seemed to work. 

This discussion is also helpful (the replies from emixon and jcabgz) :

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Error-when-deploying-a-report-to-Power-BI-Report-Serv... 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Katebrk
Helper I
Helper I

I think we got it fixed. We have changed the service account name in Configuration Manager. We had service account earlier and changed to Network connection for now, and everything seemed to work. 

This discussion is also helpful (the replies from emixon and jcabgz) :

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Error-when-deploying-a-report-to-Power-BI-Report-Serv... 

AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Do you key in password again? Because the encrypted one you see there dsn't work for test connection unless you key in the password again.It works perfectly when accessed from report. This behaviour has existed since SSRS days and isn't an issue as long as your refresh is working fine.

Hi @AbhiSSRS , thanks for the answer! It was working earlier when I clicked "Test connection" without filling login and password again. 

I guess we found the solution to this, I'll write here 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.