Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ChuckBevitt

Can't assign a shared data source to a rdl (paginated) report

I can upload existing rdl reports to Power BI Report Server (January 2019) and run them successfully with a custom data source. I can also create a Data Source on the report server. However, when I switch the data source in the report to 'A shared data source', browse to find and select the Data Source I created on the server, then choose Save, I get the red error icon and it's not saved. When I go back into Data sources for the report it's still using the custom data source.

Is there something I need to do to be able to use shared data sources with my rdl reports or is this a bug?

Also, once I've uploaded an RDL report I can't change the custom data source either - get the same red error icon. Can only use the custom data source that was in the report when it was uploaded.

Kind of important because we want to move everything from SSRS Report Server to BI Report Server - don't want to have to keep both alive.

1 REPLY 1
Ccparkhill
Helper II
Helper II

Already posted here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.