Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

common763
Helper II
Helper II

CHICLET 1.6.3 not displaying in GOOGLE CHROME but works fine in INTERNET EXP/EDGE

I just noticed that GOOGLE CHROME does not display the CHICLET 1.6.3 data when deployed to report server.  The slicer loads then remains blank.  It functions properly in IE and Edge.  I would really like to figure this out because if I cant I will have to revert to the stock slicer and I am having issues with three specific tabs that wont do what I need them to do with the stock slicer.  I dont recall when it stopped working in CHROME but I tested with several co-workers and they are all having the same issue.  Can anyone please give me some insight into what this is and if there is a fix?

8 REPLIES 8
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

I don't have any issue with CHICLET 1.6.3. What version of PBIRS you are using? Also what version of Chrome you are using?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Chrome Version 88.0.4324.146

PBIRS Nov 2020

Make sure that you don't have limited connectivity to the internet. Chiclet Slicer would require connectivity to the internet (not sure why) but currently, I have tested it by disabling the internet proxy of my browser and it was not showing along with Tachometer. But as soon as I enable proxy it is working fine.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

I have internet connectivity and not displaying.  Problem is the customers because they too cannot view the slicer in Chrome.  I am thinking it may be easier to just go with the stock slicer in the software because I cannot change settings or do much on my end in terms of enabling proxy or updating Chrome versions but even if I did it wouldnt help the end-user.  I decided to ditch it and just use the stock one.  

maria8875
Frequent Visitor

Same behaviour here :-(. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Have you contacted the developer of that visual and asked them for their input?

Did you see any error messages in the Chrome Developer console?

I am not hearing back from Microsoft.  Can anyone on this forum suggest anything here?  Basically it is a microsoft tool that functions in EDGE but not CHROME.  It could be something on my end but would like to know if anyone is having similar issues.  Thanks.

It says that Microsoft is the developer.  I emailed them but not sure if I will get a reply back.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.