Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlexandraF
Frequent Visitor

Bug Visual filter ?

Hi,

hope there is an easy solution to following issue. There are filters in visuals still active, that are no longer in there.

During the course of the development of the report, they have been there, yes. But as you can see in the screenshots - they are not in the pane, but still affecting the visual and in consequence the complete report

First example - a slicer

There are two fields, also listed as "filters on this visual" on the filter pane 

But when you click on the filter symbol on the visual, you find a filter "OCFCL" still active, that isn't even there

filter visual.JPG

the second example is a matrix. There are even more filters, that shouldn't be there. the OCFCL from above, plus ROSR, SVC and YEAR. Year is "great" - the visual shows filtered values, the pane says "All". 

filter visual_2.JPG

I tried everything, but I did not find a way to clear/clean the filters. 

SVC = E means Export, and I need to create the same again for Import as well. Its a huge report with 26 pages and approx 8 visuals per page ...

Any ideas? Tips are highly appreciated

kind regards

Alexandra

p.s. Version: 2.109.801.0 64-bit (September 2022)

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlexandraF ,

Please correct me if I have misunderstood your question
Have you tried downloading this report as a pbix file and then disabling some irrelevant visual interactions you don't need in Power BI Desktop for report server and then republishing it?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Disabling the bugs plus adapting/amending of the filters that really exist. Sometimes those are identical. Like SVC - there is a "ghost"version set to "E" that's not accessible 

And yes, I want to republish that second version, too

Some background, I am working in Logisitics, doing oceanfreight BI.

There is a origin/sending perspective (Service Export/SVC E) - that's the Export report that is running. 

Now I need to prepare the receiving perspective (Service Import/SVC I). I tried both - download the pbix as well as "edit in PBI" and then save as Import. And there's where I found, that there are filters still active, that aren't in the reports filter pane any more.

And I haven't found a way to remove/disable those

Hope that helps - thanks for your support

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.