Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

giorgilomidze
Resolver I
Resolver I

Browser Page Refresh: Reflect new data after scheduled refresh

I have set scheduled refresh and need to have new data in every 5 minutes, but report isn't showing new data unless i refresh browser. How can report reflect new data without refreshing page (I know that i can set browser refresh extension but its not practical because it has to appeare on several PC-s)?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

On report server you cant set it. you need to have PBIE Pro license or service. dashbord refresh is the easiest way to refresh. in my situation it is best solutions to set browser extension which will auto refresh in set time. 

View solution in original post

Hi @giorgilomidze,

There is a Google Chrome addon that can be used.  You can have report page open on Chrome and set time after which this add on should refresh the page without having you to click on refresh button.

auto refresh

Disclaimer: My intention is only to assist. I found this helpful which is why I am mentioning this. I do not have an intention to market this product. There are many others similar ones in gallery and you are free to chose your own. Do check privacy agreement and other details before you use any, especially if you are using within a company. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI embed with a javascript that refreshes the browswer every 5 mintues. 

without embeding. i needto refresh it on report server. 

On report server you cant set it. you need to have PBIE Pro license or service. dashbord refresh is the easiest way to refresh. in my situation it is best solutions to set browser extension which will auto refresh in set time. 

What it is  PBIE Pro license or service?

Hi @erfaldo,

Did not quite get your qestion?
Are you asking in relation to auto refresh?

Yes I have a report published in power I server that I access with IE. Data is refreshed correctly but I need to reload the page to update data. I just wanted to know if there is any feature in power I server side to change this behavior.
I cannot use the chrome feature of autorefresh plugging due to admin policy that block installation.

Thank you for your help.

Hi @giorgilomidze,

There is a Google Chrome addon that can be used.  You can have report page open on Chrome and set time after which this add on should refresh the page without having you to click on refresh button.

auto refresh

Disclaimer: My intention is only to assist. I found this helpful which is why I am mentioning this. I do not have an intention to market this product. There are many others similar ones in gallery and you are free to chose your own. Do check privacy agreement and other details before you use any, especially if you are using within a company. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.