Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

jcollinson2001
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Browser Cache Issues

Hi,

As per other threads, we've upgraded to August 2018 and experienced the infinitely spinning Loading icon due to outdated web browser cache.

I don't really want to suggest 400+ users clear their cache, is there any way of forcing a cache refresh across our network?

Thanks,

John

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this from Microsoft? A few of our users have experienced this issue and I don't believe that they will be the last...

Instructing 100 users to clear their cache and cookies is not ideal.

JorgeK
Regular Visitor

Same here,

I just cleared my browser cache and it now deleted all the presets that I had on my Chrome (auto login, password setting, etc).

Does anyone know how to Target Power BI Report Server's cache ONLY and clear that without touching other ones?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are also experiencing this. It is a nightmare 😞 250 users.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are having the same issue here and it is also not feasible (embarrassing) for us to advise every single user to clean up their cache before accessing the reporting portal. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Report-Server-August-2018-Massive-show-stopper-bug-where-use...

Hi All,

Our networks team were able to push out a group policy update that flushed the cache for Internet Explorer. This took 90 mins to roll out, or required users to log off/on again. It then required users to open and close IE again, before finally navigating to Report Server with a newly refreshed cache.

We also have Chrome users, however while I understand it is possible to do a similar thing with Chrome we haven't got this in place at our organisation and I'm having to advise users to manually clear their cache. Thankfully this is a small number of users so not a massive issue.

Either way this was a right pain in the backside, I was hoping Microsoft had a workaround (such as suffixing a version number to the src attribute of the JavaScript reference or something like that, which would force the browser to refresh the problematic scripts). 

Hope you manage to get it sorted in your environments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.