Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IMett
Helper III
Helper III

Broken Reports after scheduled refresh

Hi all,

Since a few weeks we have some severe problems with a lot of reports on our ReportServer.

After a scheduled refresh, all of the visuals are broken and the reports say

"There is a problem with one or several columns: (Dataset): column-name.
Please try again later or contact the support."

(translated from german)

The error doesn't occur after every refresh, but of the ~40 reports which are updated daily, we have this issue with at least 1-2 reports every day.

When downloading the reports into Power BI Desktop, the report is loaded properly and a manual refresh is also working. After re-publishing the report to Power BI RS it works again for some days.

We already analyzed all of the available logs without being able to locate anything suspicious.

Most of the reports use the same underlying data sources which are in CSV or XLSX format and are located on an on-premise network share.

We are currently using Report Server version 1.3.6816.37243 (August 2018) and are on the road of updating to March 2019 version. However we haven't experienced this kind of problems before, although we didn't change anything infrastructural since the beginning of 2019.

Is there anyone who experienced something like that before and can give us a hint?

Thanks, Ilja

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @IMett , i came around the same problems with my reports. 

Did you find a soletion exept for deleting the re-uploading the reports ? 

Regards, Thomas

Hi @Anonymous , indeed after updating to the Mai 2019 version (which we did in September 2019), we didn't observe this issue any more.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, it started with the January 2020 version. 

I am continuing my investigation.

Sounds like we shouldn't update to the January 2020 version then...

Let me know if you find out something.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.